Let thy food be medicine, and let medicine be thy food” is one of the most famous quotes we have come across. This statement is true also for those who are dreaming to have a glowing and radiant perfect skin. What we intake has a direct result and impact on our skin and eating a healthy diet full of good fats, antioxidants, Vitamin C can mean the difference between a fresh, glowing complexion skin and a tired, wrinkled and puffy one.
In general, a good and proper amount of fruits, lean proteins, vegetables, and healthy fats is the key to clear skin and of course drinking plenty of water which can’t be ignored. But ever thought of some specific foods that give your skin a glow, fresh and radiant look? Here’s a list of foods suggested by the best dietitian in Delhi that you should be eating if you want healthy skin.
- Avocados– People who consume lots of avocados were found to have more elastic and supple skin. They are a rich source of Vitamin A and C, healthy fats, and fiber making them an almost perfect healthy food that enhances your complexion and helps in fighting aging skin.
- Blueberries– Antioxidants are considered to be one of the most important factors in maintaining beautiful skin and guess what eating blueberries are one of the easiest ways to get them. They are moreover packed with Vitamin C, which provides many advantages including protection from UV damage.
- Strawberries– Similar to blueberries, strawberries are also filled with Vitamin C and antioxidants. They are one of the best ways to curb your sweet tooth. As they’re low in sugar, this helps in keeping your skin fresh and helps in giving you a radiant and glowing look.
- Kiwis– Consuming kiwis include maintaining healthy skin tone and texture which helps in reducing blood pressure, and preventing heart disease. It helps in preventing damage caused by the smoke, sun, and pollution. It smoothes wrinkles and improves overall skin texture.
- Tomatoes– Studies suggest that adding tomatoes to your diet can also save your skin. They are great for your health and also for your skin, loaded with health-protective antioxidants that help in anti-aging process. Tomato contains lycopene which helps in eliminate skin-aging free radicals caused by ultraviolet rays.
- Lemon– Lemon is a perfect foil for the skin as it’s packed with Vitamin C, which helps in neutralizing free radicals. It’s a proven fact that people who consume more Vitamin C have less risk of wrinkled and dry skin.
- Salmon– Salmon is rich in amino acids and protein and is considered one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids help your skin to remove waste and lock-in moisture and salmon fish helps you in providing you the perfect moisture in your skin.
In addition to this, for a fit and healthy skin, all essential nutrients must be consumed in the right way and in the right quantity. Healthy fats prevent wrinkling and dryness of the skin and are responsible for giving the skin its glow that everyone is dreaming about. It helps in moisturizing the skin, firming the skin up, and keeping it flexible. The best dietitian in Delhi says that amino acids are essential for skin health because of its antioxidant assets. It helps in protecting your skin cells from UV rays and free radicals which could harm the skin. Consuming Vitamin A protects the skin by interrupting the process that breaks down collagen by preventing sun damage. It helps in healing scrapes and cuts and acts as an antioxidant protecting against sunburn.
Consuming a lot of green veggies are beneficial if added on the diet on a daily basis. Leafy dark greens like kale, spinach, collards contain Vitamins A, C, and E which helps in protecting your body and skin from harmful toxic diseases. Many of the nutrients and good fats we eat as part of a healthy diet increases the skin’s elasticity and helps in creating the appealing glow of healthy skin. It is true that you get many of these vitamins from supplements but it’s very important to try to get vitamins from foods first. Supplements can sometimes give people a false sense of security hence cannot be trusted. Eating a healthy diet helps your skin to glow and free from harmful skin diseases. The plan is to target foods that are rich in antioxidants to protect the skin from UV rays, sunburn, and wrinkling.